Ref. No. FFWPUI 2013-33
To : Regional Presidents, National Messiahs, National Leaders From : FFWPU International Headquarters
Date : 1.15 by the Heavenly Calendar in the 1st year of Cheon Il Guk (February 24, 2013) Re. : Special Jeongseong to mark the start of Cheon Il Guk Foundation Day
May the blessings and love of the Heavenly Parent and True Parents be with all regions and mission nations.
During the “Victory Celebration for the Proclamation of Cheon Il Guk Foundation Day” held on 1.15 by the Heavenly Calendar in the 1st year of Cheon Il Guk (February 24, 2013) at Cheon Jeong Gung, True Parents asked all participants to deeply reflect on the start of the long- awaited Cheon Il Guk Foundation Day and value of blessed families, and to fulfill True Parents’ will through a life of gratitude. For this purpose True Mother gave instructions to have a special jeongseong period for three weeks. This is to announce the details of this special jeongseong. Let us
all bring our hearts together in building up this jeongseong.
1. True Parents’ words
From today you should live your entire life with a heart of gratitude. You should offer utmost jeongseong for three weeks to express a heart of gratitude with your mind and body to the Heavenly Parent and the True Parents of Heavenly, Earth and Humankind. This is a special jeongseong period. Do you understand? (content omitted)
I pray that you can become such a being, an individual and true family that Heaven can embrace. (1.15 by the Heavenly Calendar in the 1st year of Cheon Il Guk, Chapel Room, Cheon Jeong Gung)
2. The purpose of this jeongseong is:
1) For the sake of the well-being of True Parents and True Family;
2) To experience with your mind and body a heart of appreciation for the blessing that we received through True Parents’ grace;
3) To complete our responsibility over witnessing towards the VISION 2020 to mark the start of Cheon Il Guk Foundation Day.
3. The jeongseong period will be from 1.16 to 2.6 by the heavenly calendar in the 1st year of Cheon Il Guk (February 25 – March 17, 2013) [Three weeks]
4. Blessed families are encouraged to offer jeongseong in the following ways:
1) Hold family hoondokhae everyday with all members of the family
2) The family should gather at a certain time in a day to offer gyeongbae (to True Parents,
one’s spouse, and children to their parents), and to share one thing that they can be grateful for with each other
3) Offer jeongseong for a witnessing guest as part of your tribal messiah activities Ex) prayer condition, morning fast, keeping a daily witnessing journal (any method of jeongseong appropriate for the individual can be chosen)
4) Jeongseong can be offered as a church congregation by holding early morning prayer conditions or evening prayer sessions at the church.
Chang Shik Yang
International Executive Vice-President